About the Network
The idea of a Canadian Seniors’ Mental Health research and knowledge exchange network was born out of a Research Workshop sponsored by the Canadian Coalition for Seniors’ Mental Health (CCSMH) in September 2004. Among the 47 key stakeholders who gathered together to discuss the state of seniors’ mental health research in Canada there was unanimous agreement to create an online Seniors’ Mental Health research and knowledge exchange network.
The goal of the research and knowledge exchange network is to connect people, ideas, and resources in the interest of research on seniors’ mental health.
Research and Knowledge Exchange Network Objectives
- To provide public access to a database of seniors’ mental health researchers and research information.
- To provide opportunities for interactive exchange of information and ideas pertaining to seniors’ mental health.
- To create linkages to key research stakeholder groups in order to build capacity for seniors’ mental health research in Canada.
Who is the Research and Knowledge Exchange Network for?
Research in the field of seniors’ mental health is broad and multidisciplinary. This site is designed for use by:
- Researchers in all disciplines
- Representatives of research funding bodies
- Representatives of Federal, Provincial and Territorial Government Leaders and policy planners
- Administrators and Educators of LTC and Community based providers
- Additional research and knowledge exchange networks
- CCSMH members
- Health care practitioners
- General Public